Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Goldilocks Breakfast


EASY
BREAKFAST

Prep & Cooking time 5 mins








Porridge is a perfect nutritious  breakfast for all the family especially in the colder months before walking to school.  It´s so quick and easy to make, add different fruits or use different toppings to vary it a little.




I buy my oats from Al Campo, I have tried many different types from Organic to Jumbo, but I prefer these two for Porridge (the others are good for baking or my DIY Granola).









 





Ingredients
Serves 1

150 ml semi skimmed milk 
3 large tbsp of oats

Topping suggestion: drizzle of honey, banana slices, cinnamon, a sprinkle of brown sugar, nuts, grated apple or pear. 1tsp jam.


Method

Bring to the boil the oats and milk for 2 mins and keep stirring.




I introduced porridge to my daughter at the age of 6 months (recommended by the Guru Annabel Karmel) my daughter loves it.  Porridge or Oatmeal is now back in fashion in England and the States but it´s not so big here in Spain.  I have always eaten Porridge from a young age but for for my husband it was a new thing and a little odd at first but now he loves it.

***TIP*** Remember if you are introducing new foods, try to involve your child in the preparation or cooking and all eat together, remember you are a role model. 
Research shows that children need to be offered a new food 10-15 times before they stop recognizing it as new.



http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1244424/Babies-fed-porridge-reach-months-likely-develop-asthma.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinknews/5131951/Children-who-eat-porridge-for-breakfast-get-better-exam-results.html





No comments:

Post a Comment