Thursday, September 27, 2012

Dunkin dippers

Red Pepper Hummus
VERY EASY
SNACK, LUNCH, DINNER


















My daughter is a ¨good eater¨  only because she has been exposed to different flavours and textures from a young age.  But there are some things she will not eat, like chick peas and red pepper.   Research shows that children need to be offered a new food 10-15 times before they stop recognizing it as new.  Sadly most parents offer a new food 2-3 times  before deciding there child does not like it.  I have tried many times to offer chick peas and red pepper in millions of different dishes but my daughter refuses to eat them.  This Hummus is a winner because.......it´s PINK!!!  I don´t put garlic in mine (although I love garlic)  my husband has an allergy and my daughter prefers Hummus without. 
This recipe makes lots but it will keep for a couple of days covered in the fridge.
I buy the tahini from a small Indian shop in my town.
I like to serve with raw veggies (crudities) celery is not always a favourite for my daughter but she will try it every time. It´s also nice to serve with wholemeal bread sticks, in a wrap or wholemeal pitta bread with cooked chicken.


Ingredients

Small jar of chick peas (200g) drained and rinsed
Small tin of Red roasted pepper  60g (or half of fresh roasted pepper)
Juice of half a lemon
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp. ground cumin
2 tbsp tahini (to taste)
Salt & pepper

Combine all the ingredients, puree until smooth with a food processor, add a Tbsp of hot water if too thick.
Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.


2 comments:

  1. You've found tahini here! Where's the indian shop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the end of Passeig Terraple there is a small Indian shop. It cost a little over 4euros.

      Delete